Friday, February 20, 2009

Good News and Bad

A girl that I work with is suffering a terminal, genetic illness. Her dad, grandma, aunt and several other family members died of the disease that she now has. She has been given a 5-10 year life expectancy. Today, we had a HUGE sample sale at our office to raise money for research of her disease. Because the disease is VERY rare (only a handful of families in the world have it) very little money is devoted to researching and curing the disease. We asked vendors in the community to donate product that we then sold like a HUGE yard sale. We made over $18,000 for her! I am amazed..that is SO awesome. A few people at our office did a ridiculous amount of work to make the sale happen, so I'm very thankful that all the hard work payed off.

The not so happy news is that Anita has to have a second surgery to remove more of the margin in her breast since most of the tissue they removed had cancer cells in it. Also the tumor is a little larger still than we had hoped. That news is disappointing, but it could be worse. I know and have faith that Anita will be completely healed soon. In the meantime, we will keep praying!

I'm also a bit unhappy that UPS delivered my new camera today but nobody was home to sign for it so they are holding it hostage until Monday. :( I was SOOO looking forward to playing with it this weekend. Oh well. Hope everyone has a great weekend!


No comments: